Holiday Chocolates

Holiday Chocolates
Holiday Chocolates -beats cookies any day!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Black Panther

This is the 88% Endangered Species Brand of chocolate with a photo of a black panther's face on the package, so I'm calling it Black Panther 88. Admittedly, I bought this at the supermarket and not at some fancy-shmance chocolate shop. It is pretty good. You will notice eventually that I vacillate between high-end and easy-access chocolate. I prefer the high-end stuff, but let's face it, it is not always available, say when traveling and getting stuck in the airport. So I believe it is very important to have a broad base from which to choose. Green and Blacks, Endangered Species, and Theo are decent brands of chocolate that are available even in many airports these day. I don't think I've ever had Endangered Species before and this Black Panther is a little chaulky. But the flavor isn't bad, and to me it is really quite sweet. If you've never gone above 70%, don't jump up to 88% right away. Work your way up the ladder with 75% and 80% first. The next time I find myself stuck in an airport without my Cluizel, I will reach for Black Panther 88 if I am lucky enough to find it. Plus, the panther on the package really is pretty cool and I'm a sucker for good packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment